Date of Posting: 2018-09-25
Job Location: New Delhi
LiveWire’s a space for young Indians to take on the issues that matter most to them – on their own terms, through any medium they choose.
The right candidate for LiveWire is someone who isn’t just passionate about political and cultural issues that concern their peers but also enjoys working with writers to help them improve their stories.
– Editing articles for grammar, clarity, style and length
– Work on presentation and packaging of the articles
– Maintaining/growing LiveWire’s social media presence
– Spotting important developments on college campuses/in student politics
– Curating short news stories
– Around 2 years experience working for a news organisation, freshers may also apply
– Some experience in editing: school or college magazines, peer editors etc.
– Impeccable grammar
– Ability to switch between editing and writing stories
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter to [email protected] highlighting a story you’ve written that’s most important to you – it could be the one you’re most proud of or one that you wish you could have improved on (and do tell us why). We’d also love to know about two stories you’d like to do for LiveWire.
Preference will be given to women, Dalits and Adivasis.
Email your applications to [email protected]